Sunday 9 February 2014

Painted floor

 



 
This was by far my absolutely favourite job in 2013. I was commissioned by a fair trade shop in Lane Cove to paint their floor. It's the biggest canvass I have ever had and took about 60 hours of painting to complete, not counting the design work ahead of the job. The shop, called One Village, stocks fair trade, ethically made products from all over the world. Joanna Gurung (owner) wanted this reflected in the design of the floor. I decided to represent each culture by a small design element inside each circle on the floor. The designs I used came from places like India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Tibet, Uganda, Spain, Turkey, Pakistan, to name a few. I was given free reign of the design and loved every minute despite having a very sore back at the end of the week of painting!
 
For comissions and quotes please contact me at kasiajtextiles@gmail.com

1 comment: